The Clinical Pharmacy Service at King’s is highly respected across the Trust and our staff work closely with multi-disciplinary teams to advance patient care. We are patient-centred, research-oriented, progressive and innovative, and work alongside senior managers and clinicians to provide comprehensive directorate services. The successful candidate will be part of the core Diabetes and Endocrine team, working closely with clinicians to provide care to this group of patients. This is a new role, and therefore represents an exciting opportunity to establish a service that meets the needs of patients and the wider Diabetes and Endocrine team.
Main duties of the job
Key activities of the post holder will include:
- Acting as a specialist practitioner and role model to manage the pharmaceutical care of diabetes and endocrine patients
- Attending multidisciplinary team meetings and inpatient ward rounds to recommend therapy in line with local and national guidelines
- Educating patients on the use of medications
- Participation in clinical audit and research, risk management and clinical guideline development
- Supporting the wider pharmacy team and clinicians with the clinical commissioning of therapies and local implementation
- Participating in regular finance reporting, drug usage and expenditure forecasting
- Providing education and training to pharmacists and other healthcare professionals within and outside the organisation
To apply for this job please visit beta.jobs.nhs.uk.