Website RoyalFreeNHS Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust
Main duties of the job
- To work as a member of the diabetes team providing assessment of care needs, development, implementation, and evaluation of programmes of care/education for children/young adults and their families with diabetes.
- With support from the Consultant and other members of the MDT team to optimise treatment regimens, interpreting blood glucose and ketone results and adjusting insulin treatment within an agreed specific protocol.
- To help lead the education of children and their families/carers in their understanding of diabetes and the treatment/management of diabetes and its complications.
- To participate in nurse led paediatric diabetes service
- To advise on changes in clinical care to ensure the physical safety of the child
- To follow up all inpatient episodes of care of children with diabetes with telephone/domiciliary nursing support
- To practise autonomously with confidence and expertise
- To participate in the delivery of education/training to schools including management/care planning for students with diabetes
- To attend transitional clinic for young people with diabetes to ensure smooth transition to Adult Services
To apply for this job please visit beta.jobs.nhs.uk.