Website StGeorgesTrust St George's Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust
The purpose of this post is to:
1. Provide education, advice and support to inpatients with diabetes and their carers, under the supervision of the Diabetes Specialist Nurses. The role of this will include supporting patients in a variety of clinics such as pregnancy and diabetes clinics and new patient clinics.
2. Work collaboratively with multidisciplinary team to promote integrated care for inpatients within the diabetes care.
3. To provide a high standard of diabetes care. To act in a consultative role to patients, relatives, and health professionals on the management of diabetes mellitus.
4. The post holder will utilise skills to assess and identify inpatient needs and implement delivery of appropriate individualised care for people with diabetes.
5. The post holder will take daily responsibility for managing a defined caseload, with the support of existing nursing and medical staff. Specialist holistic advice and education will be provided for in patients and their carers, referring on as appropriate for follow up care on discharge.
To apply for this job please visit beta.jobs.nhs.uk.