As part of a major investment programme, at Ipswich Hospital, agreement has been given for a significant investment to deliver a truly transformative model for management of inpatient medical and older persons care. This model has been designed collaboratively by our consultant leads across acute medicine, older people’s services and medical specialties. It aims to deliver:-
- Appropriately resourced 7-day consultant working
- Strengthened GIM rota, improving rotas and providing a better balance of workload across each day of the week; reducing the burden on clinicians associated with Medical Take by reducing the frequency and bolstering the post-take support
- Innovation in patient care and service delivery, allowing the right patient, to see the right clinician, at the right time (7 days per week), ensuring patients are managed from the outset, on the most appropriate ward for their condition(s).
- Early access to specialist advice
- Overall, to deliver greatly improved quality of care for our patients whilst supporting a long-term, sustainable set of consultant job plans
To apply for this job please visit beta.jobs.nhs.uk.