A new member of the Endocrinology and Diabetes Speciality Certificate Examining (SCE) Board is being sought.
The Association of British Clinical Diabetologists, the Society for Endocrinology, and the Federation of the Royal Colleges of Physicians of the UK are looking to appoint.
The successful applicant will assist the Chair and Medical Secretary in the running of the SCE to ensure that all academic objectives and standards set by the General Medical Council are met.
The role will also involve attending annual meetings of the Board, convening to set examination papers, reviewing candidate performance in the most recent diet and acting on the advice of the Management and Policy Board and Examining Boards on policy and academic matters relating to the examinations.
Candidates should apply if they meet the following criteria:
- Hold the MRCP(UK) or an equivalent postgraduate diploma
- Be practicing as a specialist in endocrinology and diabetes, and a member or fellow of one of the three colleges
- Be registered with a license to practice and in good standing on the GMC specialist register
- Be actively engaged in the training of junior doctors in the UK (or within the last two years)
- Be up-to-date as appropriate with relevant national guidelines, CPD requirements, employer’s equality and diversity training and appraisal process
- Experience of the exam process (question writing group or standard setting group) would be an advantage
- Expertise in calcium metabolism, reproductive endocrinology or general diabetes would be advantageous but not essential.
Applications for the post should be submitted to email@example.com by Monday, October 2. This should include the following documents:
- CV – including contact details, current position, GMC number and college membership
- Covering letter – outlining your suitability for the role and demonstrating how you meet the eligibility criteria outlined above.
All applications will be considered by the Chair of the Endocrinology and Diabetes Examining Board and the successful applicant would be required to attend the next meeting of the Endocrinology and Diabetes Examining Board on October 19 and 20, at the Royal College of Physicians of London.
For more information, click here.